Layout of Store

On 10/22/18 I purchased multiple items at Huntington store .A humidifier and child sit me up seat (lion) .I was looking for low cost not poor quality items .The store was under renovation and the whole second floor was clearance. I purchased two big items a Humidifier and baby chair for $49.99 each .After having to pay for a plastic bag I went to my car , herd a noise is humidifier box .Upon opening box , the pieces were every where .Went back into store to return .Girl told me I broke it and Manger was busy closing store to do refund .Same night called customer care , manger sent gift card next day for bad customer service.

Few days later I opened the sit me up chair and again rattle was missing and pieces to side legs were missing ..Then I tried to take it apart and that was not possible apparently.So I placed the chair and humidifier in bag and went to Scarsdale store to return both items First off i was lugging these two item plus baby and stroller and diaper bag , I approached the line that said customer service.While waiting a cashier called me over .In the process of dragging the items and pushing strolller another employee said “ returns over there” .Cashier said it’s fine. First I handed receipt and clearly stated the humidifier was broken and chair was missing parts. To view damage item she takes it out of box and out of cardboard casing and for whatever reason starts trying to stick the broken pieces in the vent part of base.After I explained the big smashed battery compartment with wire hanging out is why I’m returning it , she brought item to customer service desk and the girl stated that I must have broken it myself .The cashier rolled her eyes and came back to refund the chair .She asked for receipt (all item were on one receipt).I explained hey it’s on that receipt too.I also explained that the leafs(leg) were suppose to fold up for easy storage , and I couldn’t even get it apart properly to bring it to store plus it’s missing pieces. She then takes the chair to customer service and the heads look and turn towards me and the facial expression and comments started .”oh is she kidding “ “ who’s gonna put this stuff away” “why do we except things back like this “.The emotionless cashier comes back and is like so you don’t want a exchange ..?

I kindly declined and said no thank a refund.She handed me receipt and said here’s your receipt .I left store feeling so embarrassed and humiliated I called customer care right away. Sandy (a”manger”) called to apologize and offer a gift card for poor customer service.. She asked me to describe what cashier looks like ,I explained with all due respect like she came out of bed .Messy hair , wrinkled clothes , no smile , no frown no nothing , emotionless.She immediately knew who I was talking about and apologized. Here’s the funny thing though about gift card .First she said she’d be sending it .Then on 11/14/2018 she said it was coming from corporate.Now I call tonight customer care (12/3/18 )because I still have not received anything, customer care says oh no the manger sends it out .They contact Sandy .She calls right away and says she submits paper to manger (thought that’s who she was because that’s what she said she was ), then they approve it and corporate sends gifts card ...Then I call back customer care because Sandy story is different then there’s ,.I find out there’s a GM and she’s the one who should have contacted me directly and that if corporate sends it , it could take 6-8 weeks ..

So basically I’m out the gas and time and toll it took me to go to stores plus the time on phone .Plus this whole time no one has mentioned the value of gift card. If you can clearly identify a employee by description of “just rolled out of bed “ maybe there a issue .If your store is about BABYs perhaps customer service skills are definitely a must .I guess there’s a lack of training in that department..I later ordered baby bibs ONLINE with first gift card and was completely satisfied..No issue ,attitudes and no embarrassment. I was a little confused because all the customer care reps were excellent and friendly and very knowledgeable.Perhaps they need to work in store . Please save yourself the frustration , time and money and buy online or somewhere else like Walmart or Kmart .Most items are overpriced and customer service In store stinks .

Oh and did I contact corporate.? The response was corporate sees all complaints.So if they see it and read this devastating reviews, why do they not step in ???????

Product or Service Mentioned: Humidifier.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 03.

Comments